Sunday, July 13, 2008

Thing #9

My first introduction to blogs was when my church hired a new minister. I wanted to know more about him, so I "Googled" his name and got got his blog. Doing this exercise gave me clarity about blogs and the VAST number that is "out there". I did check out SBISD's Ed. Tech blog.
The easiest for me was Google Reader. I still like sticking with my Google searches. I'm struggling with technology, mainly because I am using a wireless computer in a dial-up house, so I have to find an unsecured site in the area to piggyback off of, so my connection fades in and out. When I'm doing the activities or "things", I find myself spending way too much time being entertained rather than focusing on my tasks. My new rule is get the "thing" done, then play. I checked out Technorati and Topix as well.

1 comment:

Mamalibearian said...

It is very easy to get caught up in the activity. I spent way more time on each thing than I should have! You are not alone...