Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Evaluation

1. What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey? Wow. I learned so many new things I am am going to enjoy. I have learned so much more about Video Hosting and Video Resources. I am really going to put those to good use this year. I'm motivated to write a new grant for an i-touch in my classroom, and I'm looking forward to using slide share, specifically 280 slides to create a project of my own, as well as student projects. Additionally, I'm learning more and more about Facebook, all that can put on a Facebook page, and the gaming that goes on there. I've been included in pillow fights, food fights, and have gotten in touch with old friends.

2. How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals? I have more tools available to assist me in the classroom and more things I can share with my students. I am excited about helping them create digital projects this year. I am going to talk my teaching assistant into investigating some of what I have learned so she too can assist the students in our classroom. Why should I keep all the fun to myself?

3. Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you? I thought that I would enjoy the Avatar world more than I did. I am going to give this a second look and investigate it a little further. I have no interest in becoming proficient at it and taking on a second life, but after a discussion with my nieces and nephews, I'm going to try to see their point of view.

4. What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept? I enjoyed doing this much more than I did the 23 things last year. Maybe because I am a little more computer proficient than I was. I thought 11.5 things was more manageable. Lastyear I was extremely anxious about completing all of the tasks and couldn't wait to be finished. This year I am motivated to explore more following completing the class. I really appreciate being able to do these "things" in my own time and at my own pace and the comments and questions that were posted on my blog. Thanks to all who worked on this project. Many thanks for the time spent to bring this information to those of us who took the class. I am going to encourage my faculty to take 23 and 11.5 things. We ALL need to learn about tools available to us and our students.

1 comment:

VWB said...

Congratulations on you adventure at the beach. It sounds like you have some great plans for the students in the upcoming year. Hope you will continue to share your successes in this blog so we can all share in them!