Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Thing 9 Slideshare

I really liked learning about slideshare and 280 slides. I went onto the sites and played around. It is much like creating a photobook presentaiton that I did last summer on one of my brother's programs. All I had to do was download pics, select transitions, and add text. If I wanted to add music, I could. With 280 pics, it is much the same.

I think slide share is a great way for students to share their products and what could be better than not having to access a server AND it is FREE! I love that 4 letter word. I think I could use this to create a digital portfolio for the students in my class and at the end of the year they could see the progress they have made. And what a great tool for our older students to be able to share their work. I see this as a great SEL tool. Students who have difficulty with fine motor can create professional looking projects and beam with pride! This is fabulous!

Note: I wanted to read Slide Share by Stephen's Lighthouse and Joyce Valenza's post about authorStream and its enhanced capabilities over Slidehsare, but the new filtering system with SBISD would not permit me on these sites. Now, onto my final evaluation task....

No comments: