Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Thing 3 Skype

I explored quite a bit in Skype. It was interesting reading how other teachers are using Skype to communicate with classrooms in other countries. I learned about proper etiquette in setting up Skype conferences and some tips on avoiding video problems during conferencing. This reminds me of the conferencing connections SBISD had years ago. I can't recall the name of the program, but I do remember my students conferencing with trainers at an oceanography zoo when we were learning about penguins and other animals that inhabited the "poles". I recall how excited my students were with the " being there" experience, able to ask questions and have them answered instantly. Now we can go from classroom to classroom. The opportunities for learning for today's students are becoming limitless!

3 comments:

VWB said...

...with the phones that looked like the Starship Enterprise!

(be sure to use the title box of each of your postings to put the Thing #XX you are writing about...your last couple have come out untitled ...this is going to make it hard to find things if you want to review )

Ms.Bojangles said...

Yes, that was the equipment. I remember our school was on the same time as Frostwood and we could hear them in the conference. I thought that was advanced technology. Little did we know what was coming. Thanks for the reminder about the postings.

Unknown said...

The program was called EMG and yes, it was much like Skype!