Friday, July 3, 2009

Thing 7 Continued

I really enjoyed looking at many of the sites listed for the perfect videos to share. TOTLOL was a favorite of mine. It kept me in the age range I was looking for for my students, but linked me to Youtube, Teachertube, and others as well. I had a huge range to choose from with a single search request. As I continued to think about the question VWB asked as to how I could use the itouch in my classroom, I had a brainstorm with the videos. I could find a variety of videos that would support my students learning in many different areas and put them on the itouch. This could become a center activity with a few students, or I could connect it to the big screen using it for introduction of information that could be viewed whole class. Of course, storage of this information is in the palm of my hand, so I would not need shelves, cases, filing cabinets....maybe I could start to clear out the clutter in my classroom! I'm a stuff junkie, though. Parting with "stuff" will be hard for me. I'm rambling. I'm just so excited about the new tools I have for this year.

It was also good to learn about Fair Use. As I was watching some of the videos, especially those containing music from published artists, I wondered how it was all legal. Just like in copying written material, as long as it is limited to support a point, it is OK. I am learning so much. Thanks!

1 comment:

VWB said...

your thoughts are proving the point that all this technology can be adapted to any age student. It may take a little extra thinking on our part (and maybe some planning ahead), but there are uses.

I think your idea of age appropriate little videos is super...it lets the kids "play" with a cool new "toy," learn the basics about it so that when they get older, they can move onto more typical uses such as research activities.