Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Thing 1

It is so exciting to be learning more this year with 11.5 Things. It still makes me nervous, as I feel that I am such a novice, even after completing 23 things. This past year I wrote a grant to purchase toddler friendly cameras for my PK classroom. Last year's 23 things encouraged me to write this grant. The video prompted me to think about how my students will be able to make video clips and digital photos and share their learning, at their level. I am going to encourage them to photograph things they have constructed, as well as photographing their friends in our classroom. I will be sharing their "work" with their parents, as well as publishing on SBISD's sharing sites, including our school website. I have enjoyed modeling using the web for my students when they have asked questions that I don't have the answer for. Our librarian has been helpful with some of those information searches. I love asking the children, "Now what do we do with what we know?" This usually prompts independent writing for them. As a teacher, I see now more than ever our role being a facilitator of learning. It will be imperative, that even at the PK level for us to be knowledgable about 21st century students' learning. I look to my school librarian for guidance and support, as my students are too young to visit the library independently. I feel the librarians' role now is to be tech saavy to encourage and support teachers and students.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Start