Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thing 6 iTouch and Apps

I am amazed when I see all the Apps being advertised on TV. I can't imagine how something you hold in the palm of your hand can keep you so connected to the world, and I do mean the world. I have friends with iphones and they are always willing to share with me the Apps they have, demonstrating what they have access to with the glide of a finger tip. Having this access has been helpful on many occassions. They've even let me "touch" to learn! I'm just not ready for something that advanced. I'm still learning how to use my camera phone and change my wallpaper.

I have an ipod and I have downloaded many things for use in my classroom. Keeping up with all the docking cables, docking stations, etc. has been challenging. If you forget your hook-up, forget using your hardware for the day. I love the easy access I have to music I have for my students. I no longer have to tote around bulky discs, or vinyls. (remember those? I still have them. YIKES!)

2 comments:

VWB said...

your friends all have their own I-touchs, but what about in the school setting...would there be a problem with any of the apps you have expeereinced if the I-touch is going to be used by many students randomly? Would any not "work" in this setting?

Ms.Bojangles said...

If the school paid for the i-touch, I would have no problem using it in the 4 year old classroom. I can't even afford one for myself at this time. Do I feel another grant writing coming on? My students would be able to learn to read the icons for the apps, but once they got into the app, my assistant or I would have to be right there to maneuver them through the process. I am not sure how I could use an i-touch in my situation. I see Hansel and Gretel finding their way back to the cottage on TV using a map or GPS, but I would first have to teach map reading to 4 year olds. I guess it could be done using a maze puzzle app program. Is there an app for that? LOL